What are your main services?

Our main services involve:

  • assisting citizens of non-EU countries to obtain an Investor visa or an Entrepreneur visa enabling them and their families to live in the United Kingdom
  • providing resettlement support, lifestyle, business and investment assistance so that our clients and their families can settle happily in the United Kingdom
  • assisting with Golden visas for EU countries (Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Malta and Greece) and Caribbean countries (Antigua, Grenada, St Kitts & Nevis and Dominica).

What are your fees?

Our fees are competitive and are tailored for each client depending on their individual circumstances including the type of visa they wish to apply for and the range of our support services they require.  We will be happy to discuss our fees and government fees for your visa once we have had a preliminary discussion and assessed your requirements.

Are you immigration advisers?

No, we are not immigration advisers as we are not registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.  We are extremely familiar with the Investor and Entrepreneur visa but the immigration advice on your visa application will be provided by one of our panel of pre-eminent London immigration lawyers.

How long will it take to get my visa?

We will endeavour to work within your preferred timescale but the time it takes for the immigration authorities to process your visa application will depend on your circumstances.  As a general rule, if your visa application proceeds smoothly it will take between 2-3 months to complete the process.  It is possible to expedite the visa application but higher costs maybe incurred.  We will be able to give you an informed estimate once we have sufficient information about your particular circumstances.

What is my tax situation if I move to the UK?

As a non-domiciled resident in the United Kingdom you will be subject to UK tax.  However, the UK offers a very advantageous tax regime to foreign domiciled residents.  You will have the option of either paying tax just on the income and asset gains generated within the UK or on your worldwide income and gains.  Given the increasing complexity of the global tax regime and reporting arrangements operated between countries you should take advice from our expert tax advisers who offer bespoke tax planning on the impact of your move to the UK and on your global assets.

I am a US citizen, do you have US tax and investment specialists?

Yes, we work with a number of tax specialists and investment advisers who deal specifically with US citizens and the regulations and reporting that are required.

Do I have to pay for healthcare in the UK?

Yes, as part of your immigration application you need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge for you and each dependant member of your family.  The fee is generally £200 per person for each year of your visa.  So, for example, a three year visa for you, your wife and two children would incur a fee of £2,400.

Can I bring my pet to the UK?

Yes, you can enter the UK with your pet dog or cat if it has:

  • been microchipped
  • a pet passport or official veterinary certificate
  • been vaccinated against rabies
  • travelled to the UK with an approved transport company

Pet rabbits or rodents need to spend 4 months in quarantine and will need a rabies import licence.

Can I invest in real estate as part of my UK visa investment?

The rules on Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visas do not permit your visa related investment to be in a business mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development.  However, it may be possible to make a qualifying investment into a scheme where the underlying asset is property related.  It is also possible for your qualifying visa investment to be made into a construction firm, property refurbishment business, hotel or real estate agency.  We can arrange for advice on a range of property investment opportunities.

Can you help with my children’s education?

Yes, our expert education consultant can devise an education plan for your children to maximise their potential at all levels of their education in the UK, help to identify the right schools or colleges for their skills and interests, advise on entry requirements, arrange for interviews and assist with the entry process.

What effect will Brexit have on visa free travel in the EU?

Citizens of the United Kingdom (which holders an Investor or Entrepreneur visa can become after six years) currently enjoy visa free travel throughout the EU Schengen zone.  The UK will not be leaving the European Union before 2019 at the earliest and the freedom of movement for UK citizens within the EU after 2019 will be the subject of complex negotiations.  We will provide regular updates as the position becomes clearer.

Are there other ways to achieve visa free travel within the EU?

Yes, some EU countries (Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Malta and Greece) operate a ‘Golden Visa’ system which enables non-EU nationals who would otherwise require a visa to enter the EU to obtain citizenship or residency through a qualifying investment which then permits them to travel visa free throughout the Schengen zone.  Some Caribbean countries offer investment schemes which provide wide ranging visa free travel.

Do you assist with other types of UK visas?

Yes, although our focus is primarily on Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visas we can assist with other types of UK visas, for instance, the Turkish Businessperson visa (Ankara visa).

Can you help me apply for a Golden visa?

Yes, we can help you obtain a visa for the EU countries (Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Malta and Greece) and Caribbean countries (Antigua, Grenada, St Kitts & Nevis and Dominica) that currently offer them.  They can be relatively quick to obtain and provide a number of benefits including extensive visa free travel and, in some cases, early citizenship.

Is it possible for a student on a UK study visa to convert that into a visa for them to work in the UK?

Yes, holders of Tier 4 visas who have studied in the UK for at least twelve months can apply for a visa to remain in the UK to further their studies, work or set up a new business as an entrepreneur.